n today’s episode we speak with James Nestor In his latest scientific adventure Nestor author of another phenomenal book Deep: Freediving Renegade science and what the ocean tells us about ourselves. In his latest book “Breath” James follows the clues that connect breath to health he speaks with people from the full range of understanding of breath which includes go to Stanford University and conducting a number of experiments with his nostrils plugged through to going to yoga studios and having conversations with dental researchers of all people?! It was an absolute joy speaking with James from his home studio in San Francisco.
The book we discuss today is called Breath: The New Science of the Lost Art. We talked about how important frequency of breath is, the correct ways to breathe (breathwork) and importance of sleeping on your side. Links to james’ book Breath and his previous book Deep are detailed below in the show notes.
As always please take the time to subscribe and share the show.
The Yogi masters were right — meditation and breathing exercises can sharpen your mind
- Breath: The New Science of a Lost Art Kindle Edition
- Deep: Freediving, Renegade Science and what the ocean tells us about ourselves
- The Breath of Life: Integral Yoga Pranayama: Step-by-Step Instructions in the Yogic Breathing Practices
- Light on Pranayama: The Yogic Art of Breathing by B. K. S. Iyengar
Connect with James:
This episode is sponsored by
· Anchor: The easiest way to make a podcast. https://anchor.fm/app
Send in a voice message: https://anchor.fm/saltyjournals/message
Support this podcast: https://anchor.fm/saltyjournals/support